Thursday, September 4, 2014

Me

My name is Isabel Cristina Bravo. Something interesting to know about my name is that my middle name as chosen based off of a spanish talk show host that my mother was watching when she was in the hospital with me. I was also very close to being named Pearl, no thanks to my older sister who at the time was 3. Needless to say I am very glad that my parents did not take advice from a 3 year old. 
I was born in Chicago IL, more specifically a small hospital which I beleive was called "Ravenswood hospital" at 4:35 am. I am half Mexican and half puertorican and Spanish is my second language. As mentioned previously, I do have an older sister who is 19 (I think) and goes to UIC. I went to a dual language school called Inter American Magnet School grades k-8. It was a bit challenging due to the fact that every quarter our lesson plans would get flipped to/from English to/from Spanish. Although I wasnt much of a fan of the constant language switch, the program was a huge stepping stone to my being able to speak more fluent spanish than the majority of my cousins and has also led me to taking my current spanish class here at Whitney. As a sixth grader, I applied to Whitney Young for the 7th and 8th grade program but did not get in, but I am here presently as a sophmore. I thnk this school is great and English is one of my preffered subjects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment